Present Your Latest Research
Abstract deadline ends soon!
Do you want to present your groundbreaking research on coating, printing and converting? Do you have an interest in novel materials, methods, or applications in the area of coatings for graphic/ electronic printing, smart and sustainable packaging, and barrier (oil and grease resistance, gas, water and water vapor) materials?
TAPPI is offering a forum for researchers and coating technologists to present their findings concerning coating fundamentals and leading edge developments related to paper surface treatment, printing operations and functional coatings. TAPPI’s 16th Advanced Coating Symposium will be held April 27-28, 2024 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Abstracts are now being accepted for consideration. Accepted authors will be invited to produce an extended abstract of 3-4 pages along with a PowerPoint presentation to be included in the conference proceedings. All abstract and presentations will be peer reviewed.
Suggested topics include:
Advanced understanding of paper requirements (including surface characterization)
- Converting for barrier, packaging, etc.
- Coatings for printing and functional imaging, e.g. printed electronics & microfluidics
- Calendaring / finishing
Advanced understanding of paper & board coating processes and structures
- Chemistry of coating materials and interactions between the materials
- Coating structure and functional process properties
- Mathematical and computational modelling
- Coating structure, methods, and functional properties for molded pulp products
Sustainability: Advances at the forefront
- Sustainable components and processes (including energy saving, coating recycling)
- Sustainable products (e.g. bioactive and barrier coatings, binder systems)
- Abstracts submitted for consideration - December 1, 2023
- Power Point presentation draft due to session chair - March 20, 2024
- Initial Poster abstracts due - March 20, 2024
- Final Extended Abstracts due to TAPPI for conference proceedings (including Poster abstracts) - March 27, 2024
- Final Power Point presentation due to TAPPI for conference proceedings - April 3, 2024
Abstracts must be uploaded to TAPPI’s Speaker Management System (SMS) by DECEMBER 1, 2023. Additional instructions can be found on the SMS site (24AdvancedCoatingSymposium) under submission help. Please contact Andrew Rittersbacher if you have questions regarding the SMS. Acceptances will be communicated two weeks after the deadline.