Advanced understanding of paper requirements (including surface characterization)
- Converting for barrier, packaging, etc.
- Coatings for printing and functional imaging, e.g. printed electronics & microfluidics
- Calendaring / finishing
Advanced understanding of paper & board coating processes and structures
- Chemistry of coating materials and interactions between the materials
- Coating structure and functional process properties
- Mathematical and computational modelling
- Coating structure, methods, and functional properties for molded pulp products
Sustainability: Advances at the forefront
- Sustainable components and processes (including energy saving, coating recycling)
- Sustainable products (e.g. bioactive and barrier coatings, binder systems)
April 27 -28, 2024 • Cleveland, OH
A forum for researchers and coating technologists to present their findings concerning coating fundamentals
and leading-edge developments related to paper surface treatment, printing operations and functional coatings.